The Church of Saint Laurence,
Brafield on the Green
The Sargeant Memorial Hall
Church Lane, Brafield on the green NN7 1BA see map
First opened in 1955 the hall was built by Miss Eveline Grace Sargeant in memory of her brother Charles Henry Sargeant.
The 108 m2 hall can accommodate 80 people and is well equipped with chairs, tables and a medium sized kitchen with serving hatch into the hall. The hall has full access for disabled users, including a disabled toilet.
Since September 2020, Little Houghton Play Group have operated every weekday morning for three hours. Other regular activities include:
Knit and natter group
Musical Theatre Group rehearsals
The hall is often used for children’s parties as it has a grass area outside that is secured by fencing all round.
Enquiries for booking the hall should be made to Ian Goddard on 07789 073451 or by email
Our booking form with conditions of hire is here.
See also our inventory of furniture and equipment.
The hall has benefited from upgrades and improvements over the years (some funded by National Lottery grant schemes) and we are very proud of the current condition of the hall and its furnishings. Recent works include:
Full redecoration throughout
Renewal of suspended ceiling
Replacement of chairs and tables
New gutters and fascias
Front and back views of the hall.